Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Love Brunch!








I went to Yolk in the Goldcoast last weekend with my Book Club girls.  It was absolutely delicious.  It's been awhile since I've gone to a true breakfast place with old school breakfast options like skillets and omelets and regular eggs benedict.  Obviously, they have some options to spice the normal breakfast menu items up.  I got a skillet with jalapenos, bacon, and avocado.  Yum yum yum.  Carol got an egg white california omelet, Biz and Kait were too healthy ordering oatmeal (boring!) and Jess and Jennifer got eggs benedict, although I'm not sure what kind of eggs benedict.  I would highly recommend Yolk for a great breakfast in the city.  The wait was about 20 minutes for the 6 of us which was not bad at all.  I can't wait to go back, although it's going to be hard for me to change my order.   

Speaking of breakfast food, or a great snack anytime, I made my mom's banana bread the other day.  I usually make the Betty Crock's Picture Cook Book banana bread, but I didn't watch it close enough last time and it was way to dry.  I don't know why i've never made my mom's banana bread before but it was THE BEST banana bread I've ever had!  Here's the recipe.  

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 - 3 mashed bananas
  • 3 Tbsp sour milk
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 - 1 cup raisins (optional)
Mix in order given.  Bake at 325 degrees for an hour in a large loaf pan.  50 minutes for a foil loaf pan.  Incredible :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment