Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NAHA

And Restaurant Week in Chicago continues... NAHA.  Chelsea told me I had to try here because their whitefish is supposedly the best.  Well, I don't necessarily think it's the best but it was good.  We walked into our super early reservations at 5:30pm (the only time they had open during restaurant week) and I loved the ambiance.  The restaurant had light woods and a light airy feel to it.  The tables were all in a row with a chair on one side and a bench on the other against the wall where they had the softest pillows to sit back onto.  I was very comfortable!  The waiter, Albert, was very nice and even let me sample a couple of wines before ordering.  I chose this great Greek muscafiero (it was similar to a riesling). 

Onto the menu.  We both ordered off of the prix fixe menu.  I ordered the spring salad with beets for the appetizer.  Kevin had the shrimp over warm cheese grits.  Both were delicious.  I just accidentally tried the goat cheese even though I'm an idiot because I knew it was goat cheese because it was listed on the menu and I'm just NOT a goat cheese fan.  It took a lot for me to swallow it down.  Kevin told me I wasn't allowed to spit it into my napkin. 


For our entrees we had the Kobe beef brisket (Kevin) and the whitefish (me).  They were both delicious.  The only problem: they were super small.  I guess if we weren't Americans, we would have considered them to be enough food, but I was still a little hungry after dinner.  :( 


whitefish

beef brisket
 For dessert, I ordered this banana dish with salted caramel.  I need to make caramels immediately and add sea salt to it because it was to die for.  Kev even tried it although he's kinda allergic to uncooked bananas.  Kevin had a chocolate dish.  It was good, but I'm not a huge thick chocolate dessert fan - I like more airy stuff.  Then Albert (the waiter) brought out some little candy pieces: chocolate with ouzo and "gin and tonic" candy (gin + tonic + fruit gelatin).  They were both great!  I really liked NAHA, but the only downfall, I wish there was just a little more food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment