Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Romance Novels

Candace, in Book Club #2, suggested we all read Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.  After a sad (but good!) read called Winter Garden, by Kristin Hannah, I was all about reading a light hearted girly book...or let's face it, a romance novel.  It was a quick easy read and entertaining.  It had a good story line and plot and they didn't immediately fall in love which is a huge plus in my book! 

Anyways, after reading this book because it was such a feel good, I found myself in the ROMANCE section of the bookstore! AHH! Embarrassing!  I'm often found in Fiction and Literature but Romance section?  Am I a tween?  Kevin, don't respond to that.  Well, not only did I linger in the Romance section, but I bought another Susan Elizabeth Phillips novel called First Lady, which Candace also recommended.  This one, however, is even more embarrassing than Call Me Irresistible.  First Lady is the perfect book for a nook or kindle where no one can see the cover, because it just looks like a trashy romance novel.  I will be reading this one at home. 

Thanks Candace for a new guilty pleasure.   

No comments:

Post a Comment